Gem Hospital provides the most advanced technology and the best services available in treating medical Gastroenterology related problems. Gem Hospital has its Gastroenterology treatment center with the best Gastroenterologist in India.
DISEASE AND TREATMENT
The Department has grown from to its current strength both as a clinical and an academic center of Excellence under the able mentorship of the Chief. The department boasts one of the highest Quantities and Quality of diagnostic and therapeutic Endoscopic procedures in Tamil Nadu at affordable costs to the masses.
- The 24 *7 Emergency Endoscopy services and ICU Facilities have enabled the management of Acute Emergencies like GI bleeding with the best outcomes. The state of Art Endoscopic Equipment includes HD endoscopes, ERCP, Endoscopic Ultrasound, High-Resolution Manometry, Motility Lab, Biofeedback lab, 24-hour Ph, and Impedance studies.
- The state of Art Endoscopic Equipment includes HD endoscopes, ERCP, Endoscopic Ultrasound, High-Resolution Manometry, Motility Lab, Biofeedback lab, 24-hour Ph, and Impedance studies.
- The Liver transplant program has added Hope and Care to the ever-increasing burden of Liver Diseases and being part of the HPB /HLT units has brought the highest level of the scientific multidisciplinary approach to patient care.
- The gastroenterology department holds pride in performing the country’s first POEM Procedure for Achalasia Cardia, NOTES procedure, and several other Hybrid Lap assisted Endoscopic procedures.
Any problems with the digestive tract like diarrhea, constipation, indigestion, or rectal bleeding will be diagnosed and given optimal solutions by them after the physical physician fails to identify the problem. They also deal with an ulcer, piles, and even cancer tissues of the GI tract.
Gastroenterology procedures include a range of procedures specific to various ailments. Some of the non-surgical procedures include:
- Ultrasound examinations for the analysis of the internal organs especially of those belonging to the GI tract
- Liver biopsies for assessing any inflammation or the presence of fibroids
- Colonoscopies for examining colon cancer or other colon issues
- Single Incision Colonic resections
After the initial diagnosis through these non-surgical examinations, the core ailment is identified. After that, open surgeries or laparoscopic procedures are carried out for further gastro treatment purposes. Laparoscopic gastro methods at GEM have been carried out with impeccable precision and aid shorter gastro hospital stays with quicker recovery. GEM has also been providing comprehensive post-op care and ensures the complete recovery of the patients.
With a team of expert gastroenterologists in Chennai, GEM the best gastroenterology hospital in India has been providing impeccable therapeutic treatment procedures for conditions pertaining to the
- The small intestine, colon, and
- Biliary system.
Gastroenterologists aid in the diagnosis and treatment of the conditions pertaining to the stomach, esophagus, small intestine, colon, and biliary system. The health conditions associated with these mentioned conditions primarily include
- nutritional disorders,
- bowel-related problems,
- pancreatitis, and
- gallbladder ailments.
Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Stone Removal, Polypectomy, and Haemorrhoid Treatment are some of the procedures done for the cure. They have also been providing the best post-surgery care to ensure the long-term well-being of the patients. With the help of laparoscopic techniques, they’ve also been carrying out minimally invasive techniques for major digestive surgeries.